Monday 8 November 2010

Fireworks

Well we survived Fireworks night. Two nights of fireworks although the Credit Crunch has cut down the number from previous years I would say. We followed the advice of the books and turned up television noise and we didnt react to any fireworks. It seemed to work but whether that is just because she doesnt yet really have an understanding that there is a world "outside" the kitchen yet I dont know. Anyway we got through it.

We are not sure if she may have a bit of urinary infection at the moment but she is going all over the place. However she still seems bright so I am keeping an eye on her at the moment.

The crate is working well. She is comfortable in it and settles down. I have now managed to escape from the campbed and slept upstairs again last night. She seems perfectly happy now in the kitchen. The only thing is that I need to be able to hear her squeak in the night around about 3 or 4 to get out to go to the toilet - she was very good last night and just got up for this then straight back to bed. I am sure I can probably leave her with the kitchen to roam in rather than closing the crate door but I still prefer to know exactly what she is up to.  We have found some toys and books are absolutely essential and I will list them if they are on Amazon. The crate we got is 36 inches long and is a good size although wouldnt be big enough if you need to be out at work for 4 hours or more. In that case you need to set up a puppy playpen area with a crate plus extra space for toileting.

No comments:

Post a Comment